THE GLORIOUS FIFTEEN
PO Box 1925
(A few TRUE Sunnahs of our Nabi (S) from amongst many)
- Utmost devotion to Allah.
- Spending a lifetime in productive pursuits, with
- Maintaining the highest strength of mind and character,
with an ever-smiling face even in the most terrifying circumstances.
- Gentleness and considerateness in dealing with others.
- Forgiveness - and LOVE - for the worst enemies!
- Practice of mercy in all situations- the conquest of
Makkah being the unparalleled demonstration of this mercy.
- Utmost generosity.
- Sacrificing his time, convenience and what little
comfort he rarely had, for the welfare of others: feeding others while himself
remaining hungry; clothing others while himself wearing coarse garments
patched time and again; NOT KEEPING ANY WEALTH WITH HIM IN CASH OR KIND.
BUT DISTRIBUTING IT TO THE NEEDY BEFORE SUNSET EVERYDAY.
- Extreme humility together with full dignity.
- Highest rational tolerance.
- Goodwill for all and ill-will towards none.
- Eating less, sleeping less, talking less!
- Total abstinence from quarrelsomeness.
- Spotlessly clean in personal habits - in body, dress and
- Always truthful, honest, faithful,
fulfilling every promise, and exercising self-control at its highest.
There are quite a few amongst the bearded (and non-bearded) brigade who claim
that they are "AASHIQ-E-RASOOL" (S), that is, LOVERS OF THE PROPHET (S), who
walk on the path of the SUNNAH. Let these gentlemen take a stock of their daily
ACTIONS and ACTIVITIES, and search their CONSCIENCE whether they honour a
single one, or ANY of the above 15 Sunnahs of the Rasool (S)….. HONESTLY!
Courtesy: AL-BALAAGH VOL. 28 NO. 4