ALLAH FAVORED US WITH THE PRISTINE PURE
ARE WE ADULTERATING IT WITH
SOLAR & LUNAR ECLIPSES AND ISLAMIC FIQH
URGENCY FOR SPREADING THE REALITY:
A hybrid eclipse of the SUN will occur shortly on Friday, 8th April.
A penumbral eclipse of the MOON will appear on Sunday, 24th April.
On the above cited two dates in the month of April 2005, the most of our Muslim Brothers and Sisters who have been diligently following the footsteps of their ancestors and/or following the Islamic Jurisprudence - FIQH*, will be performing the SALAT-UL-KASUF **
all over the world, in their respective Mosques or in their homes.
* See the Book of Fiqh, Volume 2, Number 34A.
* * A Special Prayer to diffuse the 'Darkness' during the Solar or Lunar Eclipse.
Hence, it is imperative to learn and make aware our Brothers and Sisters whether these "SPECIAL PRAYERS" are in accordance with the TRUE ISLAMIC PRACTICES, founded upon the WORDS of Allah (s.w.t.), or in REALITY these beliefs do discard the REVEALED MESSAGE and the REVEALED LAWS of Allah (s.w.t.) on the subjects of Sun and Moon?
Is this practice similar to the one practiced by the Hindus of India?
KINDLY REFLECT AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF...
Below are some serious thoughts on the subject. Kindly reflect over these views. Judge for yourself what is the TRUTH and what is NOT. Having ascertained the REALITY, try and STOP these INNOVATIONS.
1. The DEEN ISLAM was "perfected" for us by Allah (s.w.t.) Himself as our religion, when the following unassailable verse was Revealed:
This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. Qur'an 5: 3
We do NOT find this SALAT-UL-KASUF within the Allah's Revelations - the Qur'an. To place our unflinching Imaan (Faith) upon these additional prayers, as one of the obligatory practices of Islam, amounts to saying that in reality Islam was not 100% complete, to include all the OBLIGATORY DUTIES - FARDS, when it was supposed to be. THINK, are we not committing an unpardonable blasphemy?
2. Unfortunately, while we are reciting these SALAT-UL-KASUF in the Houses of Allah - Mosques, we DO KNOWINGLY OVERLOOK what has been Revealed by Allah, concerning the creation of the Sun, the Moon, the celestial bodies as well as the earth. Also, Allah's Law (Command) for their pre-estimated fixed motions within their own orbits.
The Sun runs its course, this course is pre-estimated for it by the Almighty, the All-Knowing. As for the Moon, We have designed phases for it till it again becomes like an old dry palm branch. Neither it is possible for the Sun to overtake the Moon, nor for the night to outstrip the day: each floats along in its own orbit. Qur'an 36: 38 to 40 (also 21:33; 31:29; 35:14; 39:5 & 55:5)
The above verses clearly indicate that orbits of the Sun and Moon have been pre-estimated by Allah. Consequently, the occurrences of their eclipses are also pre-destined. Having known that how can we BELIEVE that it is our SINS that have caused these "Darkness" upon the earth, during the eclipses of the Sun and Moon. And, our Special Invocations to Allah while the Darkness exits would appease Allah (as per the Fiqh). And, Allah would release the Sun and the Moon and with that dissipate the darkness. THINK, by KNOWINGLY OVERLOOKING and CONSCIOUSLY DISCARDING the above cited verses of the Qur'an, are we not committing an act that amounts to KUFR? (Literally, it means; to deny, to hide, to disbelieve, to renounce after having known it.)
Hindus of India, do have from time immemorial such Pagan Beliefs, and during the Eclipses many poor Hindus come out on the streets pleading for the Charities, to dispel the wrath of their gods upon the Sun and Moon. THINK, do not our such innovations adulterate the Pure Islam with the Pagan Beliefs? Imam's sermon in the Mosque on the subject does stress that we should give Charities, whenever Solar and Lunar Eclipses do occur, besides offering the Two Rakats after him.
3. The religion chosen by Allah - Islam, happens to be free of flaws and faults. Imagine if we were to seriously impress upon our children that our sins are the causes of these Solar and Lunar Eclipses and we should go to our Mosque and offer two Rakats of Salat-ul-Kasuf and should also give charities to remove the Wrath of Allah. It is most likely that these Internet surfing young Muslims of our ear, would go on the Internet and print out a list of precise Days and Times, when these Eclipses are going to happen in the next ten years. THINK, will they not imagine, such ISLAMIC BELIEFS have NO LEGS to stand upon?
Therefore, stand firm in your devotion to the upright faith - the nature made by Allah, the one on which mankind is created - and the laws of Nature ordained by Allah cannot be changed. That is the standard of true faith, but most among mankind do not know. Qur'an 30: 30.
No amount of our Charities, our Offerings and/or our Prayers can change the Divine Laws of Nature that Allah has Himself Ordained.
4. If a Muslim Brother or Sister or an Imam informs you that reciting SALAT-UL-KASUF is the stressed tradition - Sunnah Mu'akkadah of the Prophet (s.a.s.), please quote him the following two verses and ask:
them (O' Muhammad): "I follow
what is revealed to me
from my Rabb. This Book contains veritable insight from your Rabb, a
guidance and blessing for the true believers."
Qur'an 7: 203
And, ask; is he/she preaching us to believe that Prophet Muhammad (upon whom Allah, His Angels and we send Peace and Blessings), knowingly did SET ASIDE BOTH the above Commands of Allah and he did follow as well as taught his followers to rigidly follow, something that was NOT REVEALED FROM HIS RABB? If this SALAT-UL-KASUF was INDEED REVEALED BY ALLAH, and it was to be the obligatory practice of the Ummah, did the Prophet forget or fail to include it in the Qur'an? Nusbillah, did the Allah (s.w.t.) NOT protect this specific REVELATION, which had an obligatory Eternal Command for the Ummah, from being excluded from His FINAL Book to mankind!!!
5. Today, it is no secret that thousands of spurious and concocted Narrations, that were falsely attributed in the name of the Prophet centuries later, are in circulation. And, Muslims do absolve them. Which is our primary duty as a Believer? To follow the Words of Allah that He has undertaken to protect or to follow man made Fiqh, which could be based upon the dubious or conjured re-reported Narration? THINK, what will be our response to Allah on the Day of Judgment?
will say: "O my Rabb! why hast thou raised me up BLIND, while I had
PLEASE - LET THE PURE ISLAM REMAIN PURE !!!
I am not an Alim, if I have erred please do communicate with me and let me know the Truth. Spreading of Truth is the duty of a Muslim.
If you do agree, please email this article to your relatives, Muslim friends and the members of your local Mosques and Imams.
Jazak Allah Khair
May the Most Merciful Allah Forgive me and Guide me if I have erred...
Please report any
broken links to
Copyright © 1988-2012 irfi.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer