Questions to those who support that Eidul Adha should be with the Saudi Announced Hajj date
Alhamdulillaah WasSalaatu WasSalaam Ala Rasulillaah. Aooothubillaahi MinasShaytaanirRajeem. BismillaahIrRahmaanIrRaheem. RabbishRahli Sadri Wa Yassirli Amri WahlulUqdatan Millisaani Yafqahoo Qauli.
AsSalaamu Alaykum w.r. w.b.
These are questions to our respected Brothers and Sisters who support that Eidul Adha should be with the Hajj date:
1) Do you have any evidence from Seerah that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) ever attempted to synchronize the Eid ul Adha date in Medinah with the Hajj date in Makkah? Please note that 10 nights and 9 days were enough to send a messenger from Makkah to Medinah with the news, but there is no evidence of any efforts to synchronize. On the contrary, Sheikh Ibrahim Memon, Principal of Darul Uloom AlMadania, Buffalo, New York, USA has proven in his paper at www.madania.org/english/article_ramadan_moonsighting.php that during the last year of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), the Dates of Makkah and Medinah were different. Also note that Hajj became obligatory in the 9th year of Hijrah, while EidUlAdha was instituted in the 1st year of Hijrah. (we find in Tirmidhi: Reported on the authority of Ibn Umar (RA): Rasulallah (SAW) lived in Medina for ten years and made sacrifice each year). Furthermore Eidul Adha prayers are not for the Hujjaaj.
2) Do you have any evidence of the Khulafa Rashideen doing this synchronization between Makkah and Medinah?
3) Do you realize that for over a 1000 years of Islamic History it was impossible for Muslims in far-away countries like Indonesia to find the Hajj date in time for Eid ul Adha? How could Allaah (SWT) ask us to do this synchronization which was impossible for over a 1000 years?
4) Do you realize that "Following Makkah sighting for World wide dates" is NEITHER Ikhtilaaf AlMataale - Local sighting, NOR Ittihaad AlMataale - Global sighting - which means follow FIRST report worldwide - whether Saudia or Nigeria or Fiji etc.?
5) What refutation do you have for the clear Fatwas of Sheikh AlUthaimeen (RH) of Saudi Arabia and Mufti Taqi Usmani (Deputy Chairman of Islamic Fiqh Academy, OIC, Jeddah) and others, which do NOT support EidulAdha worldwide with Hajj date? Please see the Fatwas at www.jas.org.jo/~hilaal website.
6) Do you realize that the Arab Union of Astronomy and Space Sciences (affiliated to the Arab League) has often issued strong statements stating that the Saudi announced dates are incorrect. Even Sheikh Yusuf Al Qaradawi has given one Fatwah against the Saudi announced date. (see www.jas.org.jo/~hilaal).
7) Do you know that the 6 official Hilaal sighting committees of Saudi Arabia, located near Makkah, Riyadh, Qassim, Hail, Tabuk and Asir, each having an Official Islamic Scholar, an Astronomer, a City official and volunteers MOST OFTEN DISAGREE with the official Saudi date, including this Eid ul Adha? This time the DhulHijja Saudi Hilal sighting claim was about 3 Hours Before even the Birth of the Astronomical New Moon.
8) Do you realize that Astronomy indicates that typically the whole world can NOT see the Hilaal on the same solar date since the earth is not Flat?
9) Do you realize that at any given MOMENT of time, there are TWO dates prevailing in the world due the artificial international solar date line?
10) Do you realize that it can be possible in certain years to see Dhul-Hijja hilaal in North America one date BEFORE Saudi Arabia? Would your policy then mean we ignore the Hilaal if seen locally and wait an extra day for Saudi Arabia sighting?
11) If you want unity - isn't it permissible for those who believe in the incorrect early date to still delay and pray Eid on "their second day" Insha'Allaah, since the Eid prayers are permissible on any of the 3 days. But those who follow the correct date can't pray a day early and accept a Bid’a / Innovation (since it is neither Ikhtilaaf AlMataale nor Ittihaad AlMataale).
12) What concrete steps you plan to correct the Dates announcement in Saudi Arabia? Would you be willing to Insha'Allaah coordinate with us in trying to fix the system there Insha’Allaah?
If you are not willing to answer these questions, I humbly urge that you support the correct dates announced by Hilaal Committee of North America - http://www.hilalsighting.org/ or Committee for Crescent Observation (CFCO) or Zaytuna Institute (Imam Zaid Shaikr, Shaykh Hamza Yusuf) http://www.crescentwatch.org/cgi-bin/Cw/cw.cgi or Chicago Hilal Committee http://www.chicagohilal.com/ or Shariah Board of America or Ulema Council of North America etc. Insha'Allaah. For more information please read http://www.hilalsighting.org/papers/salman.pdf and watch the viewgraphs video: http://baytuliman.org/pdf/Moon_Sighting_&_Islamic_Dates_Solution.wmv
Please report any
broken links to
Copyright © 1988-2012 irfi.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer