Wives should make sure that their husbands read this & husbands should at least try to make an effort
No one ever thinks about the characteristics of a Muslim husband. It is always what a wife should do for the husband...and the list never ends; cooking, cleaning, washing; you name it, she is doing it, so what about the brothers?
1. Dress up for your wife, look clean and smell good. Just like the husband wants his wife to look nice for him, she also would wants her husband to dress up for her too. Prophet (PBUH) would always start with Miswak when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.
2. Use the best names for your wife. Call your wife by the most beloved names.
3. Recognize all the good that she does and focus on that.
4. Smile at your wife whenever you see her and embrace her often. Smiling is Sadaqah and your wife is not exempt from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling. Remember also those Ahadith when the Prophet (PBUH) would kiss his wife before leaving for prayer.
5. Thank her for all that she does for you. Then thank her again! Example - she makes the food, cleans the home, and a dozen other tasks to prepare. And sometimes the only acknowledgment she receives is that there needed to be more salt in the soup !
6. Ask her to write down the last ten things you did for her that made her happy. Then go and do them again. It may be hard to recognize what gives your wife pleasure. You don't have to play a guessing game, ask her and work on repeating those times in your life.
7. Don't belittle her desires. Comfort her. Sometimes the men may look down upon the requests of their wives. The Prophet (PBUH) set the example for us in an incident when Safiyyah (R.A) was crying because, as she said, he had put her on a slow camel. He wiped her tears, comforted her, and brought her the camel.
8. Be humorous and play games with your wife. Look at how the Prophet (PBUH) would race with his wife Aisha (R.A) in the desert. When was the last time we did something like that?
9. Always remember the words of Allah's Messenger (PBUH): 'The best of you are those who treat their families the best.
Never forget to make Dua to Allah swt to make your marriage successful.
And Allah swt knows best!!
Please report any
broken links to
Copyright © 1988-2012 irfi.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer