Ten useless things
By Ibnul Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah
- Knowledge that is not acted on.
- The deed that has neither sincerity nor is based on following the
- Money that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life nor
obtains any reward for it in the Hereafter.
- The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allah, and of seeking
closeness to Him.
- A body that does not obey and serve Allah.
- Loving Allah without following His orders or seeking His pleasure.
- Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to do
- A mind that thinks about useless matters.
- Serving those who do not bring you close to Allah, nor benefit you in your
- Hoping and fearing those who themselves are under the authority of Allah; while they cannot bring any benefit or harm. - Al-Fawa'id
A great scholar, Ibnul Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah (d. 751H) was also known as the 'doctor of hearts'. He was a prominent student of Sheikh-Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah.
Please report any
broken links to
Copyright © 1988-2012 irfi.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer